VIVITROL is a once-monthly treatment option1
VIVITROL is an extended-release, microsphere formulation of naltrexone designed to be administered by deep gluteal injection every 4 weeks or once a month
- Approximately 2 hours after injection, a transient initial naltrexone plasma concentration peak occurs, followed by a second peak approximately 2-3 days later
- Beginning approximately 14 days after dosing, concentrations slowly decline, with measurable levels for greater than 1 month
- Compared to daily oral dosing with naltrexone 50 mg over 28 days, total naltrexone exposure is 3- to 4-fold higher following administration of a single dose of VIVITROL 380 mg
Dosage and Administration
- VIVITROL must be prepared and administered by a healthcare provider
- VIVITROL must ONLY be administered as a deep intramuscular gluteal injection
- Prior to initiation of VIVITROL, an opioid-free duration of a minimum of 7-10 days is recommended for patients, to avoid precipitation of opioid withdrawal that may be severe enough to require hospitalization
- The recommended dose of VIVITROL is 380mg delivered intramuscularly (deep) as a gluteal injection every 4 weeks or once a month, alternating buttocks for each subsequent injection, using carton components provided
Please see Dosing and Administration page for full Dosing Information.
See Important Safety Information.
See Prescribing Information. Review Medication Guide with your patients.